TwistedBrush information

TwistedBrush is filled with all the tools that a digital artist can dream of... Loads of brushes plus a powerfull
brush creator, layers with blending modes, mask, dynamic palettes, photo manipulation and many more.

http://www.pixarra.com/

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pat Lee's Painting "Voodoo Child"



What inspired you to paint this work?


Voodoo Child came about as the result of a Twistedbrushes competition.It was done in a style I use quite regularly when I am doodling on my digital sketch pad to get ideas for paintings. I really enjoy doing these scribbles and sometimes they turn out as the finished product as this one did. I was hesitated to post and exhibit this style for sometime as in my opinion I though that people would not appreciate the loose scribbled style but I have found this not to be the case . In fact this sketch won the competition.

With Voodoo child I think the rough scribble style actually captured the Hendricks character. I was just scribbling on the computer and noticed that the sketch resembled Jimi so I then used a number of references to hone it into the end result.


Note: The paintings by TB artists run on the blog side bar for 3 or 4 days and then the next artist has a painting run in the sidebar. Below is a link to the original painting.

No comments: